Sometimes you hear a song that sounds so huge your jaw drops. How did they do that?
The answer is almost always: layers. And while all of this is more art than science, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind when building layers that will help your quest.
On this episode you will learn
- What different elements can be layered for impact. These include frequency, harmonic content, stereo field, front/back depth field
- Why keeping things simple is important
- When to copy/paste MIDI performances for layers vs when to record live
- Examples of different ways to use layers effectively
- Why layers are not only the key to impact and size but also to originality
- And more!
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702