OK. It’s not the most sexy part of producing music but it’s one of the most important. There’s an amazing thing that happens when you’ve finished editing the tracks in a song and hit play for the first time: it starts to sound like a SONG. Even before compression, before EQ, before that sexy saturation trick you learned from Johnny Lots-o-Grammys, things will start to sound GOOD after some proper editing. And this feels amazing and helps you build momentum going into a mix.
On this episode, you will learn:
- Why editing is as ethical as putting on a nice outfit for a job interview
- Why editing, while tedious, can actually be a huge time saver
- The different types of edits pretty much every production can use
- The difference between slip editing and time-warp editing (hint: both are incredibly useful)
- Different types of cross-fades and how to use them effectively
- Tips for editing vocals – like what to do about all those harsh s sounds piling up.
- How to get rid of the little rip or warble that happens sometimes when two clips are overlapping
- How to use “masking” to determine where to put edit points.
- And more!
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702