The room where you mix your music is a sacred space. A temple to your craft. It wants to be honest. It needs to be pleasant to spend long periods of time.
On this episode you will get a solid, start-to-finish strategy for setting up (or refining) your mixing space.
You will learn:
- How to select a room
- How to choose a listening position in that room
- How to set up your speakers
- Where to focus your acoustic treatment efforts
- How to deal with pesky acoustics problems
- What a “good” room measurement will look like
- And more!
Resources we mention:
- Room layout tool: https://roomplanner.com/
- Room mode calculator: https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc
- Jesco’s Bass Hunter Technique: https://www.acousticsinsider.com/fixing-low-end-without-knowing-acoustics/
- Low Frequency Sine Sweeps: https://cambridge-mt.com/ms/ch3/
- Room EQ Wizard: https://www.roomeqwizard.com/
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702