One the key pieces of a successful production is maintaining the listener’s attention effectively.
There are many ways to do this – some subtle and others through a bit of gamesmanship and shock value – but if your production doesn’t manage transitions effectively, you are guaranteed to lose the listener at some point.
They won’t know exactly WHY something isn’t but they’ll just feel like they’re not into the song.
The analog Ben used is when you’re watching a movie and somethings looks blatantly CGI. You immediately get pulled out of the trance even though you may not be able to pinpoint why it looks fake.
The good news is, we’re here to help you navigate these waters!
On this episode you will learn:
- Tips and tracks for spicing up transitions
- Tips and tricks for working with samples and still making your production unique
- Ideas for getting creative with song structure
- Ideas for changing the energy level through replacing elements like the snare, or the bass
- How to anchor in the melody of a busy synth section
- Tips and tracks for making vocals pop and accentuating certain lines
- And more!
Today’s song is brought to you courtesy of musical artist Anna Navarre and the wonderful production chops of our own Benjamin Hull from Dream Loud Studio.
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702