Ah the sound of REAL brass in a recording. It’s a beautiful thing but how in the world do you record these loud beasts?
Today, we’re talking to Eric Skazzini – who plays tenor sax in the timeless ska punk band Voodoo Glow Skulls – about how he was able to track killer sax tracks for the latest Voodoo record in his spare bedroom. You will learn:
- Basics of mic selection and placement
- Why a second mic in the right spot on a sax can add a TON of magic intimacy to a performance
- Why recording more parts than you think necessary can be a magic bullet for a busy mix (and which parts to record)
- How to produce better sounding horns using virtual instruments
- How a successful band wrote and recorded an entire album during a pandemic (and why so can you!)
- Tricks for miking horns live (and why it’s a bit different than recording)
- Why saxophone may be nerdier than trombone but why it’s also sexier
- And more!
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702