Sweet sweet compression. Everyone loves it, but when should you actually be using it? And if you do decide to use it, how should you go about setting a compressor up?
Good questions! That’s what we’re talking about today.
On this episode you will learn:
- About the 4 major controls you will see on most compressors and what each of them does
- About why a compressor is really just a friendly, mix assistant robot
- How to “listen” for compression (including examples)
- Some common use cases for compressors
- What questions you should ask yourself before reaching for that compressor
- Tips and tricks for setting up compressors
- And more!
Get the Free Compression Cheat Sheet
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: https://www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://www.calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://www.dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://www.getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702