If you enjoy our podcast, please leave a quick rating. It only takes a minute and it means the world to us.
Writing a song is hard. If you’ve ever tried it, you already know this!
You need so many pieces to “solve the full puzzle” of creating a song and, in most genres, the lyrics and the melody are the biggest pieces of that puzzle.
Because of this, they’re often the hardest parts to write but they also offer the biggest opportunity to make a song “yours”. One of a kind. Something only YOU with YOUR life experience could have created. That can be exciting!
Today the guys talk to singer/songwriter and music blogger Sayana about this very topic. You will learn:
- How to organize (and triage) song ideas and how to know which ones to develop further
- How to find the balance between being unique and going with tried and true formulas that people love
- Tips for writing better lyrics through concepts like “show. don’t tell”
- Tips for songwriting session workflow (as opposed to recording workflow)
- Some rules to consider breaking when writing songs
- How to solve the dreaded “verse 2 problem”
- How to use Splice as a songwriting tool and whether it may be a good option for you
- Tips and tricks for recording vocals at home
Where to Find Sayana
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702