If you enjoy our podcast, please leave a quick rating. It only takes a minute and it means the world to us.
Audio production software moves faster and does more amazing things every year. As it does, it becomes hungrier for processor power and memory. If your old computer is struggling to keep up with your sessions and you’re finding yourself constantly looking for workarounds to workflow inefficiencies, it may be time to upgrade.
Ben recently reached this threshold and has been spending months researching, buying, building and setting up his new studio computer – and it’s finally ready!
On this episode, Vadim asks Ben questions about the process and for recommendations on building a future proof computer in 2021.
You will learn:
- How to know when it’s time to consider a computer upgrade
- What are the deciding factors to consider between going with an off-the-shelf computer, custom-build audio computer or DIY computer
- Four reasons why a DIY computer may be right for you
- The six major components you will have to select
- Why a motherboard is more important than CPU for an audio computer
- What to do when your shiny new parts arrive
- Tips for migrating your files and programs
- And more…
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702