If you enjoy our podcast, please leave a quick rating. It only takes a minute and it means the world to us.
In more genres than not, vocals are THE thing. The bread and butter. The enchilada. The rug that ties the room together.
Nailing the vocal production can elevate a good song to greatness. Miss the mark on vocal production and even a great song will likely fail to capture people’s attentions.
Luckily, the guys and Brandon Tomei are here to help! On this episode you will learn:
- How to arrange a vocal melody and why it’s helpful to do so in a iterative process with the rest of the production
- How to create layers of vocals to fill out your track
- Where to “put” vocals spatially in the mix and some tips and tricks to push your recordings further
- Thoughts on arranging vocal harmonies
- How to use the concept of “open space” to build tension and create more satisfying transitions
- The role vocal effects have in a modern vocal production
- Strategies for getting the most out of a vocalist when you’re the engineer
- Strategies for getting the most out of yourself when you’re the vocalist AND the engineer
- Considerations for the originality of a vocal line and why it’s important not to over-think it TOO much
- And more!
Where to Find the Guys
Free DIY Recording eBook: www.howtorecordyourband.com
Vadim’s Studio Site – Get your FREE test mix today! – https://calmfrogrecording.com
Benjamin’s Studio Site – https://dreamloudstudio.com
Leave a rating. Be a friend – http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1494761702