If you enjoy our podcast, please leave a quick rating. It only takes a minute and it means the world to us.
There are many ways to get a multi-track recording. You can build your song part by part to get the cleanest and tightest possible recordings but is this ALWAYS the best approach? Spoiler alert: it’s not!
In this episode you will learn:
- Pros and cons of different multi-tracking techniques (3 techniques are covered)
- How to get complex recordings with minimal interface inputs
- Strategies for maintaining a live feel or organic rhythmic performance while still allowing for over-dubbing flexibility
- The two main high-level strategies for capturing multiple acoustic sources simultaneously
- Microphone selection considerations for a multi-source, mult-mic setup
- Key considerations for effective monitoring during tracking – including some handy hacks on a budget
- A would-be hack that seems clever but is actually not
- And more!